- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Master of Social Work
- Major: Social Administration; Concentration: Community Organizing
- University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Bachelor in Social Work
- Virginia Union University, Richmond, Virginia
- Ten years of experience in mental health for older adults and their caregivers including family therapy.
- Fifteen years of experience in managing and supervising home and community-based programs for older adults and their caregivers in non-profit, public, and university settings.
- Three Year Post-Graduate Training and Residency in Marriage and Family Therapy at the Marriage and Family Therapy Institute at The Link Counseling Center, Atlanta Georgia.
- Recipient of the AARP Power of One Award for work with intergenerational families and caregivers in the State of Georgia.
- Recipient of The Governor’s Commendation for Customer Service Award for work with intergenerational families and caregivers in the State of Georgia.
- King, S., Kropf, N., Perkins, M., Sessley, L., Burt, C., & Lepore, L. (2009). Kinship Care in Rural Georgia Communities: Responding to Needs and Challenges of Grandparent Caregivers. Journal of Intergenerational Relationships.
- Talk show radio guest speaking about the topic, “Mental Health and Aging,” for Atlanta Business Radio X, May 3, 2016.
- Write and teach seminars for professional therapists, geriatric case managers, and caregivers regarding such topics as “Complexities of Caring for an Older Family member, “Intergenerational Caregiving,” “Suicide Prevention in Older Adults,” and other caregiving and aging parent issues.